The Kaua’i Humane Society does not provide primary vet care services to the public. We encourage all pet owners to establish a relationship with one of Kaua’i’s private vet clinics.
We do offer the following limited vet services to the public:
LOW COST SPAY AND NEUTER
The Kaua’i Humane Society is proud to offer low cost spay/neuter services for pet cats and dogs.
Our low cost spay/neuter clinic is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 632-0610 or email Krystal@kauaihumane.org to schedule.
- Drop off is between 8-9am
- Pick up is between 4-5pm.
- Dogs must arrive on leash.
- Cats must arrive in a contained carrier.
- Must be at least 2 pounds, 12 weeks of age and in good health. Please see your regular vet prior to scheduling surgery if you have any health concerns. KHS reserves the right to deny surgery to any animal.
- Must have a county license. One can be pre-purchased when setting up an appointment.
- Must have a microchip (one can be purchased and implanted during surgery).
- Surgery must be paid for in advance and is Non-Refundable
- Rescheduling must be done 48 hours in advance or a $20 rescheduling fee will apply. Rescheduled appointment must be within 3 months of the original appointment.
- We strongly recommend your pet be current on vaccines. (Vaccinations and flea/tick prevention can be added for additional fees.)
- Cat Spay: $60
- Cat Neuter: $40
- Dog Spay (under 25 lbs): $75
- Dog Spay (25-50 lbs): $85
- Dog Spay (over 50 lbs): $125
- Dog Neuter (under 40 lbs): $75
- Dog Neuter (over 40 lbs): $85
- Microchip – $20
- Vaccines – $20
Spay/Neuter fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Funding assistance for qualified individuals may be available through our Spay Neuter Assistance Program SNAP). Please download the application here and submit the completed form to email@example.com.
WHY SHOULD YOU SPAY AND NEUTER?
- Prevents many possible health complications associated with pregnancy
- Prevents infection of the uterus or prostate
- Reduces the incidence of mammary & testicular cancer
- Reduces the likelihood of fights
- Prevents the behavioral complications of females in heat
- Prevents roaming and reduces cats spraying
MOST IMPORTANTLY… spaying and neutering reduces unwanted pregnancies and pet overpopulation!!
VACCINES AND MICROCHIPS
The Kaua’i Humane Society hosts a vaccine and microchip clinic the first Saturday of each month from 8 – 11am. First come, first serve. No appointments required. Animals must have a current county license or purchase one at the clinic.
END OF LIFE SERVICES
The Kaua’i Humane Society understands that having a pet come to the end of their time with us is very difficult. We are here to help you in this difficult time. We offer end of life services including: owner-requested euthanasia as well as single and group cremations. Please phone us (808-632-0610) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for to learn more.
|Animal Weight||Single Cremation||Multi Cremation|
|Dogs Under 15lbs||$150.00||$40.00|
|Dogs 16lbs – 30lbs||$200.00||$95.00|
|Dogs 31lbs – 50lbs||$250.00||$135.00|
|Dogs 51lbs – 100lbs||$350.00||$200.00|
|Dogs 100lbs and Up||$400.00||$225.00|
MONTHLY FLEA AND TICK PREVENTATIVES
Each preventative treatment protects against fleas and ticks for 30 days.
- 30-day supply: $15.00
- 4-month supply: $60.00