The Kaua’i Humane Society does not provide primary veterinary services to the public. We encourage all pet owners to establish a relationship with one of Kaua’i’s private vet clinics.
We do offer the following limited veterinary services to the public:
LOW COST SPAY AND NEUTER
The Kaua’i Humane Society is proud to offer low cost spay/neuter services for pet cats and dogs.
Our low cost spay/neuter clinic is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 632-0610 or email Krystal@kauaihumane.org to schedule.
- Drop off is between 8-9am
- Pick up is between 4-5pm.
- Dogs must arrive on leash.
- Cats must arrive in a contained carrier.
- Must be at least 2 pounds, 12 weeks of age and in good health. Please see your regular vet prior to scheduling surgery if you have any health concerns. KHS reserves the right to deny surgery to any animal.
- Must have a county license. One can be pre-purchased when setting up an appointment.
- Must have a microchip (one can be purchased and implanted during surgery).
- Surgery must be paid for in advance and is Non-Refundable
- Rescheduling must be done 48 hours in advance or a $20 rescheduling fee will apply. Rescheduled appointment must be within 3 months of the original appointment.
- We strongly recommend your pet be current on vaccines. (Vaccinations and flea/tick prevention can be added for additional fees.)
- Cat Spay: $60
- Cat Neuter: $40
- Dog Spay (under 25 lbs): $75
- Dog Spay (25-50 lbs): $85
- Dog Spay (over 50 lbs): $125
- Dog Neuter (under 40 lbs): $75
- Dog Neuter (over 40 lbs): $85
- Microchip – $20
- Vaccines – $20
Spay/Neuter fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Funding assistance for qualified individuals may be available through our Spay Neuter Assistance Program SNAP). Please download the application here and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY SHOULD YOU SPAY AND NEUTER?
- Prevents many possible health complications associated with pregnancy
- Prevents infection of the uterus or prostate
- Reduces the incidence of mammary & testicular cancer
- Reduces the likelihood of fights
- Prevents the behavioral complications of females in heat
- Prevents roaming and reduces cats spraying
MOST IMPORTANTLY… spaying and neutering reduces unwanted pregnancies and pet overpopulation!!
LOW COST VACCINE AND MICROCHIP CLINICS
KHS offers low-cost vaccine and microchip clinics every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and every Saturday from 12-4 p.m.
DA2PP / DA2PP4L: $20.00
(K9 Distemper-Adenovirus, Type 2 Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Leptospira Canicola, Grippotyphosa, Icterohaemorrhagiae, Pomona Bacterin)
All dogs should receive this vaccine annually. If you have an adult dog with no previous vaccine history, your dog should receive a second administration of this vaccine in 2-4 weeks. The DA2PP (no lepto version) vaccine is given to dogs under 9 weeks of age. This vaccine is given every 2-4 weeks until 4 months of age and then once annually.
(K9 Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, Bordetella, Bronchiseptica Vaccine)
All dogs who frequent areas where other dogs might be present such as a kenneling facility should be vaccinated every 6 months.
(Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia Vaccine)
All Cats should receive this vaccine annually. If you have an adult cat thigh no previous vaccine history, your cat should receive a second administration of this vaccine in 2-4 weeks. For Kittens, this vaccine is given every 2-4 weeks until 4 months of age and then annually.
(Oral dewormer treatment for intestinal parasites, DOES NOT treat hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms)
All pets should receive regular deworming treatment monthly if frequenting areas where other animals may be present.
Flea Treatment: $15.00
(Frontline for dogs)
This flea and tick treatment is a preventative for topical parasites and should be reapplied every month.
Flea Treatment: $15.00
(Advantage for cats)
This flea treatment is a preventative for topical parasites and should be reapplied every month.
Microchip Identification: $20.00
This form of identification is implanted just under the skin for permanent identification of your pet. This is not a GPS tracker and does not function with location monitoring. Your information as the registered owner will be attached to the microchip so that if your pet is found without you, we may be able to reunite you.
END OF LIFE SERVICES
The Kaua’i Humane Society understands that having a pet come to the end of their time with us is very difficult. We are here to help you in this difficult time. We offer end of life services including owner-requested euthanasia as well as single and group cremations. Please phone us (808-632-0610) or email email@example.com to learn more.
|Animal Weight||Single Cremation||Multi Cremation|
|Dogs Under 15lbs||$150.00||$40.00|
|Dogs 16lbs – 30lbs||$200.00||$95.00|
|Dogs 31lbs – 50lbs||$250.00||$135.00|
|Dogs 51lbs – 100lbs||$350.00||$200.00|
|Dogs 100lbs and Up||$400.00||$225.00|
KHS offers an animal remains pick-up service to accompany KHS’s cremation service. KHS understands that the loss of a companion is a difficult time and KHS would like to assist pet owners through this process by assisting with the transport of their beloved pet’s remains to the crematorium.
Pick-up charges based on distance from KHS:
$50 for locations within 10 miles of KHS
$100 for locations within 10-20 miles of KHS
$150 for locations over 20 miles of KHS
Pick-up charges do not include charges for cremation.
MONTHLY FLEA AND TICK PREVENTATIVES
Each preventative treatment protects against fleas and ticks for 30 days.
- 30-day supply: $15.00
- 4-month supply: $60.00