The Kaua’i Humane Society is now able to offer low-cost medical exams to pet-owners at our Community Care Center, but we encourage all pet owners to establish a relationship with one of Kaua’i’s private vet clinics.
We do offer the following limited veterinary services to the public:
LOW COST SPAY AND NEUTER
The Kaua’i Humane Society is proud to offer low-cost spay/neuter services for pet cats and dogs. Thanks to a Grant-In-Aid from the state of Hawaii, all spay and neuter surgeries are only $35 per animal through Feb. 2024 and includes a microchip if the animal needs one.
Our low-cost spay/neuter clinic is by appointment only.
- Drop off is between 8-9 a.m.
- Pick-up is between 4-5 p.m.
- Dogs must arrive on a leash.
- Cats must arrive in an enclosed carrier.
- Small animals must arrive in an enclosed carrier.
- Cats must be at least two pounds, two months, and in good health. Dogs must be at least three months old. Please see your regular vet prior to scheduling surgery if you have any health concerns. KHS reserves the right to deny surgery to any animal.
- Must have a microchip (one can be purchased and implanted during surgery).
- Surgery must be paid for in advance and is Non-Refundable
- Rescheduling must be done 48 hours in advance or a $20 rescheduling fee will apply. Rescheduled appointments must be within 3 months of the original appointment.
- We strongly recommend your pet be current on vaccines. (Vaccinations and flea/tick prevention can be added for additional fees.)
- Spay/Neuter – $35
- Vaccines – $20
- Small Animals (rabbits and guinea pigs only) – $50
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability of small animal spay and neuters. Mahalo!
If you need help with transporting your pet to KHS for a spay/neuter, or you are interested in volunteering to help transport pets, please email email@example.com.
Spay/Neuter fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Funding assistance for qualified individuals may be available through our Spay Neuter Assistance Program SNAP). Please download the application here and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMEMBER… spaying and neutering reduces unwanted pregnancies and pet overpopulation!!
LOW COST COMMUNITY CARE CENTER
The Kaua`i Humane Society will now begin offering low-cost medical exams to pet-owners on a walk-in basis every
- Tuesday between the hours of 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Appointments preferred by clicking the button below and filling out the form. We will accept walk-ins until 2 p.m. but there will be a wait.
- If you only need a vaccine, microchip, dewormer, or flea & tick medicine (and all CCC appointments are booked), you can make a vaccine appointment by scrolling down to” book a vaccine or microchip appointment.”
The Community Care Center is able to offer preventative care and treatment of conditions that are non-life threatening.
Please fill out the form below to expedite your visit. Walk-ins will be accepted as time allows, but does not guarantee that you will be seen.
Open Sundays Nov. 19 and Nov. 26 only
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Walk-ins accepted until 2 p.m.
Puppy: vaccine series, flea/tick preventatives, heartworm test, heartworm preventative, deworming, microchip – $200
Dog: vaccine, flea/tick preventative, heartworm test, heartworm preventative, deworming – $110
Kitten: vaccine series, flea/tick preventatives, deworming, microchip – $150
Cat: vaccine, flea/tick preventative, deworming – $65
Senior: complete blood chemistry, heartworm test (for dogs), Reagent Strip (for cats), flea/tick preventative, deworming – $75
Nail Trimming – $20-$30
Ear Cleaning – $20
Anal Gland Expression – $30
Microchipping – $20
FVRCP, Bordetella, or DA2PP/4L Vaccine – $20
Dewormer – $15
Flea/Tick Preventative (monthly) – $15
Heartworm Testing – $20
FIV/FeLV Testing – $40
Parvovirus Testing – $20
Panleukopenia Testing – $20
Fecal Float (for parasites) – $20
Skin Scrape (for mange and other diseases) – $20
Wood’s Lamp (for ringworm) – $20
Ear Diagnosis – $20
Blood Work – $40-$60
Rabies Vaccine and Certificate – $40
Health Exam and Certificate – $60
Landlord Health Exam – $10
Other services and tests provided as needed.
This program is provided by a grant from PetSmart Charities.
LOW COST VACCINE, MICROCHIP, FLEA & DEWORMER TREATMENT CLINICS
KHS offers low-cost vaccine and microchip clinics:
Every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon and
The first Saturday of the month from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Puppy DA2PP: $20
Disclaimer: This vaccines does not include leptospirosis protection.
Adult Dog DA2PP4L: $20.00
(K9 Distemper-Adenovirus, Type 2 Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Leptospira Canicola, Grippotyphosa, Icterohaemorrhagiae, Pomona Bacterin)
All dogs should receive this vaccine annually. If you have an adult dog with no previous vaccine history, your dog should receive a second administration of this vaccine in 2-4 weeks. The DA2PP (no lepto version) vaccine is given to dogs under 9 weeks of age. This vaccine is given every 2-4 weeks until 4 months of age and then once annually.
Puppies and Adult Dogs Bordetella: $20.00
(K9 Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, Bordetella, Bronchiseptica Vaccine)
All dogs who frequent areas where other dogs might be present such as a kenneling facility should be vaccinated every 6 months.
Cats and Kittens FVRCP: $20.00
(Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia Vaccine)
All Cats should receive this vaccine annually. If you have an adult cat with no previous vaccine history, your cat should receive a second administration of this vaccine in 2-4 weeks. For Kittens, this vaccine is given every 2-4 weeks until 4 months of age and then annually.
Dogs or Cats Strongid: $15.00
Oral dewormer treatment for intestinal parasites, such as roundworms and hookworms.
All pets should receive regular deworming treatment monthly if frequenting areas where other animals may be present.
Flea Treatment: $15 for a single, month-long dose
(Frontline for dogs or cats)
This flea and tick treatment is a preventative for topical parasites and will be administered by a vet tech at the clinic.
Microchip Identification: $20.00
This form of identification is implanted just under the skin for permanent identification of your pet. This is not a GPS tracker and does not function with location monitoring. Your information as the registered owner will be attached to the microchip so that if your pet is found without you, we may be able to reunite you. Any pet over 4 weeks old can be microchipped and current County of Kaua`i legislation requires all pets over 3 months of age to have a microchip.