Help Us Send 80 Animals to the West Coast
Thanks to a generous donation from the DeSantis ohana, we are able to bring back Mission Mainland for a second time in 2022!
This time, we’ll be able to send the first 80 shelter animals taking advantage of this deal off-island at an incredible price. For $300, you can adopt and transport a shelter pet to the West Coast or neighboring Hawaiian island, or anywhere past the West Coast (within the U.S.) for $500.
These transports generally costs upwards of $600, so this is an incredible deal!
What is included in the price?
- Adoption Fee
- Travel Crate
- Transport to the Airport
- Vaccines, including rabies
- Health Certificate
- Transition Food
- Leash and collar
- All animals have been spayed or neutered, fully vaccinated, given flea and tick preventative, and given dewormer at the shelter. They’ve all been certified healthy by a shelter vet before being allowed to travel.
Why do we need to ship animals off-island?
Help us make room in our shelter by adopting a Kaua`i pet. Our small island just doesn’t have enough homes to accommodate all the pets. We are working hard on offering free and low-cost spay and neuter clinics, as a long-term solution to this. But the reality of the short-term is that we are facing high populations of pets coming into the shelter and decreased adoptions. Housing is limited on Kaua`i and pet-friendly housing is extremely limited making it even more challenging to find homes for the thousands of animals we intake every year.
How to adopt: on and off-island adoptions work the same.
- View all adoptable dogs here and cats here.
- Click “Apply for Adoption” under the animal’s pictures or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff will reach out to you for next steps.
- Next steps include an appointment to come in and meet the animal or an appointment for a virtual meet-and-greet.
Other ways to help support this mission:
- Purchase a travel crate from our Amazon Wishlist here.
- Make a donation to our transfer program here. Remember to let us know that it’s for the transfer program in the memo line!
- Purchase a Mission Mainland T-Shirt as another way to donate to the transfer program. Dark logo options can be found here and light logo options can be found here.
- Share our social media posts so we reach as many potential adopters on the mainland as possible!!
KHS is a no-kill shelter
Rest assured that we are a no-kill shelter and we will not euthanize these animals due to lack of space, but we must find them homes so we do not have to consider such an option.
The Kaua`i Humane Society is the only open-intake animal shelter on the island of Kaua`i. KHS is a non-profit organization and has held a no-kill status since 2019. In 2021, KHS’s positive release outcome rate averaged 96% for all animals.
Saving the lives of thousands of homeless Kaua`i animals truly takes a village. None of this work would be possible without your unwavering support. The pets and people at the Kaua`i Humane Society want to thank you for your compassion, your generosity and your commitment to making an impact. Mahalo!!
Organizer : Kaua`i Humane Society
Cost : $300-$500
More About Event : Click Here to View Adoptable Animals
Venue : Kaua'i Humane Society
Address : 3-825 Kaumuali'i Hwy, Lihue 96766
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : 808-632-0610