The Kauai Humane Society (KHS) seeks a full-time position for Animal Care Technician. The Animal Care Technician feeds, cleans, and provides enrichment to the cats and dogs at KHS. This position requires working positively in a team environment with other Animal Care Technicians to ensure cleaning procedures are performed following all sanitation protocols.
The Animal Care Technician role requires a person dedicated to hard physical work to ensure the animals at Kauai Humane Society receive the highest level of care, starting with clean kennels, appropriate feeding and enrichment, and exercise & socialization. The role of Animal Care Technician is key to helping our animals stay physically and mentally healthy until they find adoptive homes or rescue placement.
Animal Care Technician Qualifications:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience handling cats and dogs is strongly preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
Animal Care Technician Essential Job Functions:
- Rinses, scrubs, mops, and disinfects animal cages, hallways, floors, walls and isolation/quarantine areas; cleans water and food dishes and related kennel equipment and organizes and cleans facilities.
- Assists with showcasing cats and dogs to potential adopters, and helping with dog-to-dog introductions. Assists with the general public as needed and maintains excellent customer service skills.
- Feeds, waters and exercises or walks all shelter animals. Bathes and grooms animals.
- Basic computer skills using standard office programs such as Word, Excel or similar programs. Ability to learn and use animal shelter management databases.
Must be available and willing to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), holidays, approved overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Animal Care Technician Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work with both dogs and cats.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently and daily to perform duties.
- Must be able to perform prolonged strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds alone or up to 100 pounds with the help of fellow employees for short distances.
- Must be able to chase or run after animals that have escaped confinement.
- Must have a COVID-19 vaccination, unless medical exemption documentation is provided.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
For more information or to apply click HERE