The Kauai Humane Society (KHS), our island’s only open-intake animal shelter, operates the only crematorium on the island capable of handling deceased animals. KHS seeks a Cremation Team Member to ensure the safe, efficient operation, cleaning of, and running of the cremation incinerator. This individual is responsible for the prescribed high quality of cremation and for handling each animal with dignity and respect. Other responsibilities include assisting with various operational duties, ensuring a timely turnaround for individuals and vet clinics, troubleshooting machine basic performance, making adjustments, and calling for additional resources as required.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain daily cremation goals and track all cremations in the KHS system.
- Produce products with an emphasis on quality.
- Operate complex machinery and make running adjustments as required.
- Adhere to all workplace safety policies, compliances and regulations.
- Use all required safety equipment, e.g. Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Complete all assigned Quality checks.
- Participate in training and cross-training, improvement initiatives including health and safety, and quality improvement.
Desired Characteristics & Qualifications
KHS seeks an individual with the following skill sets:
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team Work
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Highly punctual
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Physical ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Safety equipment may be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
For more information, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org