- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful, and tactful manner.
- Educates clients on responsible animal guardianship, animal care, and local ordinances.
- Conducts animal adoption counseling, have a good understanding of the evaluations, medical history, and any other paperwork that needs to be discussed with the client.
- Completes animal adoption and surgical paperwork; ensuring all transaction paperwork and computer records are complete and accurate.
- Processes stray and relinquished animals, enters computer data and completes necessary paperwork.
- Handles telephone calls from the public regarding animal control services. Assigns and dispatches calls to Humane Officers.
- Assists citizens with interpretation and understanding of animal ordinances, field services procedures, and responsible animal ownership.
- Ensures that lost reports and morning/closing checklists are done accurately and completed as assigned.
- Completes cleaning of public areas daily and ongoing throughout the day.
- Accepts and processes donations from clients and assists with in-kind donations.
- Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits these values to others.
- Communicates principles that convey and impart an understanding of the policies and procedures of the KHS to the public.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic animal care knowledge. Preferred: knowledge of domestic animals including breeds, behavior, appropriate care and housing, common health problems, disease symptoms, and handling techniques.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s license with a clean driving record for at least one year prior to application. Driving skills for both standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Basic computer skills using standard office programs such as Word or similar programs.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- One year of experience working in a client services related position. Six months related animal care experience preferred.
- May be exposed to hostile or abusive members of the public. Must be able to deal with an emotionally charged public and carry a fast-paced and changing workload which at times can be stressful.
- By nature of the industry, there may be occasional exposure to dead, injured, sick, unruly, vicious, and/or dangerous animals in addition to exposure to parasites and to infectious diseases.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org