While we are keeping a close eye on the changes to the island and how we are dealing with COVID-19, we want to assure you that we are still available to assist you with your pet needs. With additional safety precautions and practices put in place, we are committed to the vital role we play with the community. Check this page for emergency updates.
Adoptions are by appointment only. Please review our adoption guidelines before you come to visit.
KHS is able to offer many services to our community to help keep pets and families together. Please remember to wear your mask when you come to visit KHS.
- Gomez Galley Pet Food Bank
- Low-Cost Vaccine & Microchip Clinic
- Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Lost & Found Pet Assistance
The KHS dog parks are currently open to members on a limited basis to ensure proper social distancing, Please review our membership page to find the right plan for you. Dog park day passes are also available for $5.
Do you have a pet plan in case of an emergency?
Here are a few ways you can make sure your pet is cared for, just in case.
Who will care for your pet? If you become too ill to care for your pet or you need to be hospitalized, make sure your pet has somewhere to go. It could be to a friend or family member, pet daycare, or groomer. KHS does offer limited boarding services, learn more. The most important thing you can do today is to come up with two potential caretakers and talk directly to them so they are prepared in case they are called into action.
What does your pet need? Prepare a supply kit. Just like your own hurricane kit, you should have an emergency kit for your pets that includes:
- Name and contact info for the person who can care for your pet
- Name and contact info for the back-up person in case your 1st choice is no longer able
- Food, treats, leash, a couple of toys, and any other supplies that will last for at least 2 weeks
- A crate or carrier to transport your pet
- Vaccination records
- Collar with ID tag
- Make sure your microchip information is up to date
- Medication and prescriptions along with a list of instructions
- Daily care instructions
- Contact info for your veterinary clinic
Remember, you want to have a plan in place before emergency strikes.
Check back for more emergency updates.
The services that we provide to our community depend on support from generous donors, like you. Make a gift today to help us keep these programs running.