Gomez’ Galley, the KHS pet food bank, was started by a dedicated KHS volunteer, and named after her beloved, small-but-mighty cat, Gomez. The pet food bank was created as part of KHS’s ongoing effort to keep pets and their families together.
When economic issues threaten a pet owner’s ability to continue caring for his or her companion animal, the Kauai Humane Society helps by offering a supply of pet food from Gomez’ Galley.
Pet food is donated by KHS supporters who help to keep our Galley full. We are hoping that by providing pet food on a regular basis, people will be able to keep their pets with them for life.
In addition to picking-up free pet food at KHS, we are proud to be working in partnership with St Catherine Church in Kapaa and St. William Church in Hanalei. Pet food may be picked up at these churches food pantries once a month during their normal hours of operation. Please check with the church’s food pantry volunteers to determine the days that pet food will be available.
KHS also provides low-cost or free spay/neuter surgery for dogs and cats of Kauai.
- Pet food can be picked up once per month at Kauai Humane Society (KHS) or the church food pantries on pet food distribution days.
- Pet owners receiving food from Gomez’s Galley are asked not to add any more pets to their household once they have signed up for this program. You will only receive only enough food for the animals you have listed at registration.
- Please have your driver’s license or state identification ready for the Kauai Humane Society receptionist each time you visit – This is not required at the church food pantries.
- Please list all household members who may pick up pet food for the household.
- Your pet(s) must be spayed or neutered in order to take advantage of the Kauai Humane Society pet food bank. Please bring a spay/neuter certificate for each pet.
- If your animal(s) are not altered, we will provide that service at a low-cost.
- Proof of eligibility (e.g. public assistance) is NOT required.
- Pet food may be picked up at our shelter Tuesday – Friday 11:00 am to 6:00 pm or Monday and Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. We are closed Sundays and holidays.
- Kauai Humane Society does not provide a pet food delivery service.