Help the Kauai Humane Society’s Blooming Tails ReTail Shop!
The mission of the Kauai Humane Society’s Resale Shop is to generate revenue to help the Kauai Humane Society to fulfill its mission to save animal lives and to create a compassionate world for Kauai’s animals.
Your donations and patronage are greatly appreciated. Every donation you make and every dollar you spend at our resale shop stays on-island for the benefit of Kauai’s animals and people. We are grateful for the many wonderful donors who provide us with their gently-used items to help the animals!
Our resale shop is located at 3178 Kuhio Lihue, HI 96766.
(808) 245-PETS (7387)
Monday 10 am – 6pm
Tuesday 10am – 6pm
Wednesday 10am – 6pm
Thursday 10am – 6pm
Friday Noon – 5pm
Saturday Noon – 5pm
Come in and look around. You might be surprised what you find!
We are always in need of your gently-used donations:
- Clothing, shoes, hats, purses, jewelry and accessories for men, women and children
- Kitchenware: dishes, pots and pans, utensils, working small appliances
- Home décor, trinkets, wall art, picture frames
- Unchipped dishes and glassware, utensils, plastic storage, pots and pans, working small appliances
- Sheets, towels, comforters, curtains, blankets
- Sporting goods: beach chairs, boogie boards, masks, snorkels, tents
- Baby items, working toys
- Books, craft & office supplies, CD’s and DVD’s
- Pet supplies such as beds, litter boxes, toys, collars, leashes, small kennels
We regret that we cannot accept:
- Electronics: computers, printers, faxes, cameras, phones, VHS tapes, gaming equipment
- Food or medicines
- Hazardous disposal: fireworks, fluorescent bulbs, opened bottles of chemicals/cleaners, paints
- CDs, DVDs, and videos that are not commercially released (e.g., something that was burned/recorded onto a blank media)
- Vacuum cleaners, large furniture, large appliances
The fine print:
- Please leave your donations during business hours only. Please ring bell for assistance.
- You may get up to $500.00 a year write off (IRS filing) for non-profit donations; we will provide you with a receipt when you drop off your items during business hours.
- We accept cash, all valid credit and debit cards. No checks, please.
- All items are sold “as is.”
- Prices are as marked.
- All sales are final. no refunds, returns or exchanges.
- We cannot hold items.
- We retain the right to refuse service to anyone.
We are always in need of volunteers to assist in keeping the store organized. Just a few hours a week hanging clothes, organizing books and music, putting items away, etc. is a big help. If you would like to contribute your time and/or talents in another way, we are always open to suggestions! Please see any resale shop staff member for a volunteer application or click here to learn more about our volunteer program.