GOMEZ’ GALLEY EMERGENCY PET FOOD BANK
Do You Need Pet Food for Your Dog or Cat?
The Kauai Humane Society’s Pet Food Bank Can Help
When economic issues threaten a pet owner’s ability to continue caring for his or her companion animal, the Kauai Humane Society helps by offering a supply of pet food from our emergency pet food pantry. This program is part of KHS’ retention efforts. The pet food pantry is stocked with food that is donated by our supporters and there are times when our pet food supply is limited. We that by providing pet food on a temporary basis you will be able to keep your pet at home with you. KHS also provides low –cost or subsidized spay or neuter surgery for your pets, and low cost vaccine clinics the first and third Saturday of each month.
Gomez Galley Guidelines
You must agree to the following requirements in order to participate in our pet food bank program:
- Pet food can be picked up at the affiliated local food pantry once a month for up to six months. Pick up is on regularly scheduled food bank days, or at Kauai Humane Society during regular business hours. We will make every effort to provide an amount to cover two weeks for each animal you have.
- Proof of eligibility is required. You must apply in person and provide proof of need that is dated within the last six months (TANF #, EBT card, a letter from a government agency affirming that you qualify for public assistance, unemployment check stub, SNAP, some other form of public assistance. ID is required when registering. You must also provide proof of spay/neuter surgery for each pet registered.
- Pet owners receiving food from Gomez’ Galley pet food bank are asked not to add any more pets to their household once they have signed up for this program. You will receive food only for the animal (s) you have listed at registration.
- One registration per household. Please list one alternate household member or friend who may be picking food for your pet(s). You may pick up pet food for ONE other household (family or friend).
- Your pet(s) must be spayed or neutered in order to participate in Kauai Humane Society’s pet food bank. Please bring a spay/neuter certificate for each pet you register. If your animal(s) are not altered, we can provide that service at a low cost or subsidized cost. Your animals must be altered within 60 days of registration with the pet food bank.
- Kauai Humane Society does not provide a pet food delivery service.
Gomez’ Galley, the KHS pet food bank, was started by a dedicated KHS volunteer, and named after her beloved, small-but-mighty cat, Gomez. The pet food bank was created as part of KHS’s ongoing effort to keep pets and their families together.
When economic issues threaten a pet owner’s ability to continue caring for his or her companion animal, the Kauai Humane Society helps by offering a supply of pet food from Gomez’ Galley.
Pet food is donated by KHS supporters who help to keep our Galley full. We are hoping that by providing pet food on a regular basis, people will be able to keep their pets with them for life.
In addition to picking-up free pet food at KHS, we are proud to be working in partnership with St Catherine Church in Kapaa and St. William Church in Hanalei. Pet food may be picked up at these churches food pantries once a month during their normal hours of operation. Please check with the church’s food pantry volunteers to determine the days that pet food will be available.
KHS also provides low-cost or free spay/neuter surgery for dogs and cats of Kauai.